If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a recipe in Saveur magazine, I changed it up a bit and love this creamy salad with a nice crunch of parsley roots. They taste like a cross between celery and a radish. Divine! —Kingfishercooks
- 2 Fresh parsley roots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley
- 1 cup Baby arugula
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Stalks celery chopped
- 1 Small shallot peeled and minced
- Separate the parsley from the roots and clean well. Peel the parsley roots and make matchsticks.
- Remove the chicken from the small rotisserie chicken and shred.
- Add all of the other ingredients and taste, adjusting the salt and pepper and mayo as needed. I do not like it too mayonaisy and the size the chicken impacts the ratios. Use your judgment! The original recipe does not have pomegranate which I think adds color and a nice bite. The arugula lends a peppery touch that I adore. Two handfuls of the arugula works. The picture I display is made for two as I only had a half a chicken left.