If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Imitation meat crumbles, featured in this recipe, add texture and flavor to soups and stews without extra fat or cholesterol. You can also use them in casseroles, tacos or in place of cooked ground beef in most recipes. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/spicy-black-bean-chili —Healthline
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 8 ounce packages imitation meat crumbles*
- 1 cup ale beer
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 15 ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Add crumbles, beer, tomato paste, chipotle chili, paprika, oregano and chili powder and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add beans, carrots and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- *Note: For testing purposes only, we used MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans