If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those Use Whatever Is in the Kitchen recipes that turned out beautiful, bright, tasty and good in any season. The fresh lemon juice makes it wonderful, and the delicate asparagus, even for those who don't like it usually, goes perfectly with the orzo pasta and chicken. I like to serve it with a crusty French loaf and plenty of butter, with a chilled Chardonnay. —BeijingRose
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut in half, woody bottoms removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 6 oz frozen green peas
- 1/2 lb diced white potatoes
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Set about 6 cups w ater to boil, add a pinch of salt and toss in the orzo pasta. Boil for 5 minutes, then add garlic, chicken bouillon, lemon juice, lemon zest, cooked chicken cubes, peas and cubed potatoes with salt and white pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes covered on medium heat.
- While soup is cooking, gently steam the asparagus spears (cut off the woody bottoms) for no more than 3 minutes tops! When the soup has been cooking for the 20 minutes, toss in the asparagus and stir, then serve.