If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was a little girl, my Great-Great Aunt Fanny used to make this from tomatoes and radishes fresh from her garden--so delicious, with a little snap to it from the purple onions and radish, and good with everything from seafood to grilled steak. You can also make this with the finely minced cabbage-carrot fresh mix of vegies found in many produce departments--this more delicate version is perfect for toppings on burgers, hotdogs and sandwiches. —BeijingRose
- Head of cabbage, sliced fine and chopped
- 4-5 Roma fresh tomatoes, diced OR carton of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 8 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 3 TBSP dill relish
- 3 TBSP dried dill
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large metal bowl, blend well, chill for 2 hours and serve! If you can find the bags of finely chopped cabbage & carrot coleslaw mix in your local produce department, this will produce a more delicate texture, and is perfect for topping hotdogs, hamburgers, fish sandwiches and deli subs.