If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious Peruvian soup is so good that I can even eat it cold! Easy to make and served up with a crusty loaf and a glass of Merlot, it makes a simple, tasty and great dinner for a cold evening! For larger parties, serve in a big soup pot with the poached eggs on the side and a dish of oregano to sprinkle on top. —BeijingRose
- 1 1/2 lbs stew beef, cut in cubes
- 1 1/2 purple onions, chopped
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (plain or Italian style)
- 1/2 small can of tomato paste
- 2 TBSP Aji Mirasol (Peruvian smoky pepper sauce)
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 cup red wine or port
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 6 eggs (1 for each bowl)
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 TBSP dried oregano to garnish on top
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper, and fry in olive oil until almost done. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until almost tender.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, beef bouillon and Aji Mirasol to the pot and stir well. Add 2-3 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Add angel hair pasta and simmer, covered for 5 minutes. Add wine and stir and simmer for 3 minutes. Take off the heat, cover and set aside.
- Poach eggs in water with the vinegar and a little salt. Put aside. Add the evaporated milk to the stew. Top each bowl with a poached egg and sprinkle with oregano.