If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegetarian dishes can be just as delicious as those with meat, and in this case, you might find they can be even more flavorful. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/chickpea-curry —Healthline
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook onion in hot oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat 8 minutes; add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in cumin and next 2 ingredients; cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cook until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and coconut milk; let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir together yogurt and next 3 ingredients. Top each serving with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans