If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We like to pile our breakfast sandwiches high with fried eggs in olive oil or coconut oil, turkey bacon, mushrooms and cheese! —Jacquilyn in the Kitchen
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided (3 +2)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced + S&P to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 4 biscuits, English muffins or slices of toast
- Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Salt and pepper to taste and then reduce heat to low and cook an additional 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Set mushrooms aside.
- In two different skillets start your turkey bacon and eggs. For the turkey bacon, I don’t use any oil. So turn on that skillet to medium heat and cook each slice of turkey bacon a few minutes per side. Next heat 3 tbs of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Crack 4 eggs directly into the pan. Salt and pepper the tops. Spoon hot oil over the top of the eggs around the yolk to cook the egg white. When your egg white is no longer runny, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and turn the heat down to low. You can take your eggs out whenever you like, depending on how you like the yolk to be cooked.
- Assemble the sandwich. Egg on bottom, chop the turkey bacon and place on top of egg. Spoon the mushrooms on top. Add any hot sauce or spread that you like.