If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great make-ahead soup. Not only does it taste better the next day, but it freezes beautifully. Simply portion into single servings, freeze, and then pop one in your lunch sack for work. It should be thawed out enough to reheat in the microwave when lunchtime rolls around. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/lentil-and-garbanzo-soup —Healthline
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped clery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- In large soup pot sprayed with cooking spray set over medium-high heat, sauté onions 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add carrots and celery and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and next four ingredients and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add broth and remaining ingredients and cook until lentils are tender, about 90 minutes.
- If desired, half of the soup can be pureed and stirred back into the pot for a thicker, creamier soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans