If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty black bean based vegan chili stuffed full of butternut squash, tomatoes, and spicy kale. —Dani California Cooks
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 box of vegetable stock
- 2.5 tablespoons chili powder
- dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of black beams
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch curly kale, chopped
- In a large pot, sautee the olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat
- Add in the vegetable stock and canned tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Bring down to a simmer and add in beans, butternut squash, chili pepper and cayenne
- Allow chili to cook for a half hour or so before adding in the kale. The kale will cook down considerably, so don't be afraid to fill your pot to the brim with freshly chopped kale
- Let chili simmer for a minimum or one hour, or on the lowest heat for up to three hours
- Spoon and serve! The leftovers taste even better.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans