Author Notes: Sometimes you need a comfort dish that you can be made quickly. “Hurry Up” Spaghetti is just that dish and is perfect for a meatless Monday. —Malibu Kitchen
ounces gluten-free or whole-grain pasta
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
ounces bag of arugula
teaspoons garlic, minced
cup organic grape tomatoes
teaspoon kosher salt
2 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites, well beaten or ½ cup organic heavy whipping cream
tablespoons chopped fresh basil plus extra for garnish
- Cook pasta al-dente according to package. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil; add red pepper flakes and arugula, sauté until arugula starts to wilt.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Toss in pasta and stir until heated through. Immediately add beaten eggs (or cream) to the hot pasta and toss until set. If pasta is dry, add a little of the pasta water until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and basil, tossing well.