If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you need a comfort dish that you can be made quickly. “Hurry Up” Spaghetti is just that dish and is perfect for a meatless Monday. —Malibu Kitchen
ounces gluten-free or whole-grain pasta
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
ounces bag of arugula
teaspoons garlic, minced
cup organic grape tomatoes
teaspoon kosher salt
2 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites, well beaten or ½ cup organic heavy whipping cream
tablespoons chopped fresh basil plus extra for garnish
- Cook pasta al-dente according to package. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil; add red pepper flakes and arugula, sauté until arugula starts to wilt.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Toss in pasta and stir until heated through. Immediately add beaten eggs (or cream) to the hot pasta and toss until set. If pasta is dry, add a little of the pasta water until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and basil, tossing well.