If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I do roast garlic, I buy 1 pound and roast all. It is very handy to have some on standby in the freezer. —anka
peeled cloves garlic
tablespoon olive oil
sprig fresh thyme
cups chicken or vegetable stock
slice of bread (4 ounce) mine was whole grain but any will do.
salt and black pepper to taste
- Wrap the garlic, 1 tbs oil and thyme in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.After 30 minutes open foil so garlic can get some colour.
- Bring stock to boil, add garlic and thyme and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add bread in and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprig and discard.
- Cool slightly and put in blender.
- Adjust seasoning, reheat and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe