If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a heart healthy, chocolaty treat and the raspberry sauce makes it over the top. Best part, super easy, few ingredients, quick, and vegan. Vegan? Yup. and Delectable —Jimmy Hoxie
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 tablespoon cider or white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. and spray a 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray
- Sift together the flours, cocoa, salt, and soda. Stir in the sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed and most of the lumps are removed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread batter evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cake springs back in the center and pulls away from the sides a bit. Cool before removing from the pan and top with a dusting of powdered sugar and serving
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place all ingredients into the food processor or blender and puree.