If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yummy fresh, easy to make spicy bean burgers, these taste great as burgers, in wraps or even as entrees. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/spicy-bean-burgers —Healthline
- 4 ounces boiled kidney beans
- 5 small/medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Chop the potatoes into 2" cubes, put into a saucepan and boil until soft.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Meanwhile chop the kidney beans in half. Add the finely chopped onion to the oil and allow them to soften before adding the garlic and red chilli. After 2-3 minutes add the kidney beans, peppers and parsley. Once mixed in well remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them in a large bowl. Add the paprika, salt, lemon juice, chilli powder, black pepper and mixed herbs to the potatoes and mash them together. Once the spices have been mixed well add the cooled kidney bean mixture and again mix well to complete the burger.
- Heat a flat bottomed pan on medium to high heat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Separate the filling into 14 balls. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean surface. Take a ball, flatten it in the palm of your hand and cover all sides with the flour. Place the burger onto the hot pan, turning after 10 minutes. Once turned drizzle a little more oil onto the pan around the patties. After 7-10 minutes remove from the pan and enjoy in bread, wraps or a salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans