If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make smoothies everyday for my family. We're talking 365. So I've had to get creative with my combos, like this hot pink Strawberry-Beet elixir, using last summer's frozen berries plus red beets (and their very nutritious greens). The earthiness of the beets is tempered by the sweetness of the strawberries, and it honestly goes down like dessert. —WineWithDinner
Makes 2 large or 4 small smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (organic if possible)
- 1 medium red beet, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 handful beet greens (scant), rinsed thoroughly
- 1/3 cup dried white mulberries
- 1 banana
- 4 drops liquid vanilla stevia (or plain stevia + 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 cups water or coconut water (or coconut milk if you want it more milk-shakey vs. frosty)
- 1 cup ice
- Add water to blender, then greens, then all other ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Add more liquid to thin out as necessary. Depending on how sweet your strawberries are, you may need to add more stevia - taste for sweetness, and add a few more drops if necessary.
- Can be refrigerated overnight. Cover, and mix before serving, as it will separate a bit.