If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This side makes a great bring-along to a Turkey Day feast or for a cool autumn dinner at home. After the beans are cooked in the water and drained, they can be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated up to 24 hours. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
pounds green beans, trimmed
cup sliced almonds
tablespoon unsalted butter
tablespoon olive oil
shallots, thinly sliced
freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry and set aside.
- Place almonds in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add butter and oil. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add beans. Cook, tossing constantly, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Season with pepper and stir in the reserved almonds. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans