If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has become a favourite amongst my family and friends! It's a surprisingly delicious way to use beans in a dessert. —jessicamclement
Makes 12 bars
cup white beans
cup apple sauce
cup maple syrup
cup peanut butter
teaspoon baking powder
grams agar agar powder
grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F).
- Grease a 7 x 11 inch (18 x 28 centimetres, roughly) brownie pan and then line it with parchment paper. It doesn't hurt to grease the parchment paper, too.
- In a food processor, puree the white beans together with the apple sauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the chocolate, to the food processor. Blend well.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and fold in the chocolate.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the top.
- Allow the bars to cool before cutting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans