Author Notes: This recipe has become a favourite amongst my family and friends! It's a surprisingly delicious way to use beans in a dessert. —jessicamclement
Makes: 12 bars
cup white beans
cup apple sauce
cup maple syrup
cup peanut butter
teaspoon baking powder
grams agar agar powder
grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F).
- Grease a 7 x 11 inch (18 x 28 centimetres, roughly) brownie pan and then line it with parchment paper. It doesn't hurt to grease the parchment paper, too.
- In a food processor, puree the white beans together with the apple sauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the chocolate, to the food processor. Blend well.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and fold in the chocolate.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the top.
- Allow the bars to cool before cutting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans