If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found few days ago exploring the London's local shops, in my local area, a Romanian deli shop, and I chose for tasting, a popular spread they have, named Zacusca. I love it and I have started to use in my daily snack with bread and in weekend cooking. Works just as great in both, love to share it. —David James Colin
- 1 packet Gluten free Fusilli Italian pasta (made from a blend of corn and rice flours- from Waitrose Supermarket)
- handfuls Root Vegetables – carrots, aubergine, potato, leeks, free to choose your favourite.
- 1 packet Zacusca, a vegetable spread popular in Romania (I found this in a local Romanian deli shop)
- splashes Tomato juice or pulp, for an extra sauce to sustain a 5-10 min slow cooking
- handfuls Extra Mature cheese – to grate later in the recipe
- 2 Egg yolks - whisked
- Cooking Cook the pasta and drain per the instructions on the packet. Gluten free pasta needs more water and cooks very quickly. You may also need to stir more often.
- In this time cook the root vegetables. Cut the vegetables into small cubes. Start with onion in a pan, add the vegetables, cook them for few minutes to softened and then add the Zacusca and the tomato juice/pulp. Cook for a few more minutes on a slow heat to get the flavours together. Note that Zacusca is an already cooked product – straight from the jar.
- Final dish Put oven onto grill mode, put pasta in a tray, add the vegetable/zacusca mixture on top, grate over cheese to cover , sprinkle some herbs and don’t forget to pour the egg yolks over the top (this will give a lovely golden colour to the crusted cheese), grill and serve. Enjoy.