If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: By rinsing and draining the black beans before cooking, you remove a large amount of sodium. For an extra pop of flavour, sprinkle a little vinegar and a few raw white onions on top of the finished beans. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/caribbean-black-beans-and-rice —Healthline
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 14 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 cups cooked long grain white rice
- Spray a large, deep frying pan with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers and sauté 2 minutes; add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans and next three ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans