If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and flavorful no meat ball full of chickpeas, black beans, spices. Works great as an appetizer at a party, a healthy snack or serve it as part of a meal with noodles. —Shalini Singh @ Shalini's Kitchen
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients to blender and puree for a few seconds, until mostly smooth. Alternately, if you would like a more rustic "chickbean" ball, then simply mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and add mix in half cup of panko bread crumbs. Place the other 1/2 of the panko bread crumbs on a flat plate.
- Form 15 to 20 balls with the mix and roll each ball on the panko bread crumbs on the plate so that the surface of the ball is kind of covered.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with a chutney, sauce or eat as is.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans