If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love chickpeas in pretty much all forms. Puréed, roasted, deep fried (omg); in channa, hummus, soups, stews and salads. But they are good even like this, with three other simple ingredients. Make it in a jar and take it to work for lunch: it is easy, fast, filling, nutritious, and delicious.
I started making this many years ago, after trying an Orangette recipe that is similar but with parmesan and less lemon. I like that one too, but usually stick to my version, as it is brighter-tasting and even easier. —booglix
- 1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas well. Combine with the juice and zest of the lemon, the olive oil, and the black pepper. Toss well to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans