Author Notes: The first time I tasted these two-tone crisps, it was at a Christmas party! I love them....on their own and served with a turnip puree and mushroom sauce! I enjoy them with some salt and chilli....as a snack. The trick is getting them sliced thinly so they crisp up in a short time! —Kitchen Butterfly
Peanut oil, to deep fry
Salt and chilli pepper/cayenne, to taste
- Peel the beetroots using a vegetable peeler and slice as thinly as possible. Dry between sheets of kitchen tissue
- Heat oil up on medium heat, till hot and then fry beetroot slices, about 2 - 3 minutes till they change colour and the edges begin to turn golden
- Remove from the oil and place on some kitchen tissue, letting the oil drain, for a minute. This will allow the chips crisp up too.
- Sprinkle some salt and cayenne pepper over the top and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets