If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted blue corn flour, juniper ash and water. so simple and very delicious, especially on cold days. —myknifeswork
- 1/2 cup Roasted blue corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Juniper ash
- 2 cups cold water
- In a bowl mix the flour and ash together with a whisk until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Place water in a pot making sure it does not exceed halfway. Add the flour mixture while the water is cold as to not create large lumps. Whisk together until smooth.
- Cook mixture on medium high, stirring constantly so the bottom of the pot doesn’t burn. Cook until thickened of desired consistency. *Add water to thin out. * To thicken, add a slurry of half water and flour (2 Tbsp cold water + 1 Tbsp flour).
- -If desired, sweeten with sugar and enjoy it while it is warm.