If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I didn't discover mascarpone cheese until a few years, ago, but since then, I've become addicted. It is fantastic added to oatmeal, turned into ice cream, and stuffed in ravioli, but my favorite way to enjoy it is whipped with honey and vanilla seeds and used as a dip with fresh fruit. This is my go-to dessert in the summer, as it is light and refreshing, yet wonderfully satisfying to my sweet tooth. —Vegetarian 'Ventures
Makes: about 2 cups
cups heavy cream
tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, slowly bring the heavy cream to a low simmer (the temperature should climax at 180° F and the goal is to try to keep it around there).
- Let simmer at 180° F for about 3 minutes then add in the lemon juice.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Fill a small strainer with several layers of cheesecloth (I use three) and put a small bowl under the strainer.
- Pour the cooled mascarpone mixture into the cheesecloth and stick the entire bowl in the fridge overnight (mine only strained a few tablespoons of whey, but the mascarpone came out thick and creamy in the morning).
- This recipe is a Community Pick!