If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love mango.
And as we are celebrating a LOVE Holiday, I chose this recipe from Allende’s book to reinterpret!
As she also suggests, for love dates, to read love poems or stories or books, I selected for you my fave poem from her book, to read to your lover on V day:
Let us live, my Lesbia, and love.
As for all the rumors of those stern old men,
Let us value them at a mere penny.
Suns may set and yet rise again, but
Us, with our brief light, can set but once.
The night which falls is one never-ending sleep.
Give me a thousand kisses, then a hundred.
Then, another thousand, and a second hundred.
Then, yet another thousand, and a hundred.
Then, when we have counted up many thousands,
Let us shake the abacus,so that no one may know the number,
And become jealous when they see
How many kisses we have shared.
(Catullus, verses to Lesbia)
Ok, let’s go back to the kitchen…
This sauce is perfect for red meat, vegetables, lentils or chickpeas! —Claudia | Gourmet Project
- 1 mango
- 1/2 red (or green or yellow) pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice and dice mango. Dice pepper. Mix them together and add curry, turmeric and honey.
- Heat the oil in a small pan; add the coriander and cumin seeds and the pepper. Brown them for a minute. Add the mango mixture and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt to taste. I had it with delicious homemade naan bread: to die for!