If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Rosemary Lemon Shortbread cookies are light and golden with a hint of rosemary and lemon. —PasadenaDaisy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and rosemary in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix butter, honey, confectioners sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice with a stand mixer at low speed. Add flour mixture until dough resembles a coarse meal with some small, pea sized butter lumps. Gather dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until it just comes together.
- Roll out dough to 1/4" thick. Using a 3" cookie cutter, cut dough into cookies. Place cookies on a baling sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Press small sprig of fresh rosemary in the center of the cookie and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, let cool slightly and transfer to rack to cool completely.