Author Notes: One of the hardest parts of not writing in your native language is to find proper terms for recipes and dishes One is about čvarci (Pork graves )
We made our own and ate with baked or boiled potatoes or homemade bread, salt, onion or garlic.
It is very hard to find some, this is very big and I did cut them before using them. Ours are small and squeezed with a potato ricer.
It's something my mother used to make, this savory cookie Pogačice sa čvarcima. —anka
Makes: 40 crackers
ounces pork graves
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon black pepper freshly ground,
teaspoon baking powder
cup cold water
- Combine flour with baking powder, graves, salt and black pepper in a food processor and whirl just until crumbs start to clump together about 1 min.
- Add water.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 tbs of water. (I found I had to add more than 1 tbs to hold the dough together)
- Press the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 3-4 mm thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To bake; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool and serve at room temperature.