If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the hardest parts of not writing in your native language is to find proper terms for recipes and dishes One is about čvarci (Pork graves )
We made our own and ate with baked or boiled potatoes or homemade bread, salt, onion or garlic.
It is very hard to find some, this is very big and I did cut them before using them. Ours are small and squeezed with a potato ricer.
It's something my mother used to make, this savory cookie Pogačice sa čvarcima. —anka
Makes: 40 crackers
ounces pork graves
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon black pepper freshly ground,
teaspoon baking powder
cup cold water
- Combine flour with baking powder, graves, salt and black pepper in a food processor and whirl just until crumbs start to clump together about 1 min.
- Add water.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 tbs of water. (I found I had to add more than 1 tbs to hold the dough together)
- Press the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 3-4 mm thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To bake; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool and serve at room temperature.