If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While I usually serve this as a starter, it really is a meal in itself. Who doesn't love melty cheese and succulent shrimp? —jan voris
- 1 pound Peeled, deveined, raw shrimp, 26-30 count or larger, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon juice, from about 1/2 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1- 13 ounces Wheel of Brie, Rind trimmed around edges only
- 1/3 cup Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, minced
- 1 French bagette, sliced
- Preheat a 10" skillet over med-high heat. Melt half of the butter.
- Add shrimp and saute until just pink about 1 minute each side, adding garlic half way through cooking.
- Add lemon juice and brandy. Shake pan to mix. Transfer shrimp and juices to a bowl.
- Add remaining butter to pan, then add brie wheel. Scatter almonds around brie. Let brie brown on one side, 1-2 mins. Covering pan will encourage melting.
- Flip brie over, stir almonds and let brie brown on other side, covering until melted, 1-2 minutes more.
- Add shrimp back to pan, Sprinkle with parsley. Allow shrimp to warm up 30 seconds, then plate up.
- Serve with bagette slices.