If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I have a cold, I find myself wanting juices with vegetables in them, but the juices I want at our co-op are way too expensive. I decided to try making one of them at home as a smoothie instead (you could also strain it and drink it as a juice if you prefer). —fiveandspice
- 2 small-medium carrots, washed and grated with a box grater
- 1 medium apple, cored and grated with a box grater
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger (this makes for a very gingery smoothie, half this amount if you want less of a kick)
- 1 pinch large pinch ground cardamom (use more or less to taste)
- 1 cup orange juice (plus more as needed to reach the consistency you want)
- Juice of 1 good-sized lime (about 1/4 cup)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!