If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We eat this noodle bowl at our house almost once a week. The kale-coconut combination is inspired by recipe from Heidi Swanson's Super Natural Every Day, which I've been tweaking for the last few years until I settled on my ultimate version. The kale and coconut roast until crispy and makes a great pairing with the soft noodles and creamy avocado. It's versatile, quick to make, and relatively healthy. —Kitchen Sink Diaries
- 10 ounces soba noodles
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (sometimes called chips)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 415F.
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Toss the kale, coconut, jalapeño, and 2/3 of the soy sauce mixture together and divide between two large baking sheets, spreading the kale into a single layer on the sheets. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the kale is crispy and the coconut is browned.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to package directions, usually about 4 minutes. Drain the noodles and immediately toss with the remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Divide the noodles into bowls and top with the kale and coconut mixture. Garnish with a few slices of avocado and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles