If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adore leeks but the only recipe I know and love that uses them in all their glory is Julia Child’s recipe for oven braised leeks. That recipe takes about an hour to prepare which is way too long for a weeknight. So instead I made this Lemon Sole Roasted with Leeks and Tomatoes and it was so good! The leeks caramelized and the tomatoes added their lusciousness and made the whole thing just delish! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 1 pound Lemon Sole Fillets – preferably in 2 pieces, washed and paper towel dried
- 1.5 Leeks – white and very light green parts only, trimmed, split in half lengthwise, washed and cut into 1/8” slices
- 2 whole Plum Tomatoes, Cored And Cut In 1/8” Thick Slices
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Lay out the sliced leeks in two shapes that mimic the shape of the fish fillets (you’ll set the fish on top in a moment). Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of the leeks and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish fillets on top of the leeks. Drizzle some olive oil on top of the fillets and use your fingertips to spread the oil around evenly on top of the fillets. Salt and pepper the fish and lay sliced tomatoes on top to cover evenly.
- Roast on the top shelf in your oven for 12-17 minutes. Plan on 10 minutes for every 1” of thickness of your fish and vegetables.
- Serve immediately, with love! Enjoy!