Author Notes: There is so much more to ramen than the sodium laden noodles with dehydrated vegetable and seasoning packs. —CherylDLee
pound baby eggplant, stemmed and halved
pound shishito peppers
tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
teaspoon fine sea salt
ounces straight ramen noodles
cup sweet soy sauce
tablespoon lime juice
teaspoons Yuzu No Soi juice
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
In This Recipe
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the eggplant and Shishito peppers onto a sheet pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the salt over the vegetables.
- Toss to coast evenly with the oil and salt.
- Arrange the eggplant halves cut side down on the pan.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 to 40 minutes, until the peppers are lightly charred and the eggplant is soft.
- Let the vegetables cool. (Can be made a day ahead)
- Pull the stems from the peppers, and then slice into rings.
- Cut the eggplant into small pieces.
- Place the peppers and eggplant into a large bowl.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions.
- Drain the ramen, then rinse with cold water to cool them.
- Add the noodles to the bowl with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sweet soy, mirin, lime juice and Yuzu juice.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Add the sesame seeds, toss again to mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.