Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —anka
Serves: 24 if it has to, or 12 because 12 people will want seconds or on a good day only 6, remember doctor recommended a lot of fruit.
package of phyllo dough (20 sheets), thawed if previously frozen
cups ground walnuts
cups (2 pints) blueberry
teaspoons baking powder
- For filling measure all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Unwrap the phyllo dough and place it on a flat surface, keep covered with plastic wrap.
- Lay two sheets of phyllo in the dish, 4-5 tbsp filling mix, 2-3 tbsp ground walnuts, blueberry and another two sheets of phyllo. ( My pan is 17 x 11 inches )
- Repeat and finish with a layer of phyllo.
- Cut before baking.
- Make 4 cuts across, and 3 cuts across the width. Cut diagonally across each square.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Just cool and serve (no syrup), you will have to cut again.
More Great Recipes: