If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If I had to have my last meal on earth I would hope it’s ramen.
Living in Asia I’m very lucky to have tasted some of the best ramen in Bangkok, owned by long standing ramen chefs from Japan. In Japan ramen is almost an art form. Chefs train for many years to perfect this nutritious noodle soup and pride themselves on their masterpieces.
The reason I love this dish is because it is highly versatile, it’s great for winter or summer, it’s packed with nutrients, great for people with sensitive stomaches such as colonic inertia, also vegans, people with high intolerances to certain foods, or if you have a major cold, this will do the trick for comfort.
This recipes is more or less my interpretation of ramen and I have to say it’s blooming tasty. —BalancedGrub
- 2 Slices of Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 3 sprigs Spring Onions
- 1/3 Of Purple Cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups Shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 400g Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Egg
- With one clove of garlic peel and slice. heat a deep pan with 1 tbls of vegetable oil. Place the slices of garlic in the hot oil until golden brown (careful not to burn). Scoop out the fried garlic and place on a paper towel and set aside.
- With the oil still in the pan put back on the heat and pour 200ml of chicken or vegetable stock. While waiting to bring the stock to a simmer, chop 2 springs onions (but some aside for garnish later) and slice the red cabbage into strips, the mushrooms, rest of the garlic and slice the ginger into thin strips. One the stock has reached a simmer place the vegetable you have just chopped and soy sauce into the pan and leave to simmer for 15-20 minuets.
- Place a saucepan of water on the stove and bring to boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and let boil for 3 minuets. Once ready remove the noodles from the water (but doesn't throw the water away) and place in serving bowls. Put the water back on the heat and boil the eggs for 10 minuets.
- Take the vegetables off the heat and place in the serving bowl. Once the egg is ready crack the egg and slice into half and place into the serving bowl. To finish sprinkle the fried garlic and spring onion on top. Now your ready to serve.