Author Notes: Butter and soy sauce...an unexpected but brilliant combo! Add some broccoli, garlic and noodles and you have a wonderful dish. —inpatskitchen
Makes: about 3 sides or two mains
tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
large cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons soy sauce, divided (2/1)
3 to 4
cups small broccoli florets
ounces Somen noodles (or other very thin wheat noodles)
- Start boiling a pot of water for the noodles. They will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
- In a large saute pan with a lid, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the garlic and cook on low heat just until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir in two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Add the broccoli florets and pour the water over. Stir, cover and cook on medium heat just until the broccoli becomes crisp tender.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling pot of water while you're waiting on the broccoli Like I said, they will cook very quickly. Drain, saving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Stir the noodles into the broccoli along with the last tablespoon of butter and the last tablespoon of soy sauce. Add a little of the noodle cooking liquid to loosen everything up and serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles