If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butter and soy sauce...an unexpected but brilliant combo! Add some broccoli, garlic and noodles and you have a wonderful dish. —inpatskitchen
Makes: about 3 sides or two mains
tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
large cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons soy sauce, divided (2/1)
3 to 4
cups small broccoli florets
ounces Somen noodles (or other very thin wheat noodles)
- Start boiling a pot of water for the noodles. They will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
- In a large saute pan with a lid, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the garlic and cook on low heat just until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir in two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Add the broccoli florets and pour the water over. Stir, cover and cook on medium heat just until the broccoli becomes crisp tender.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling pot of water while you're waiting on the broccoli Like I said, they will cook very quickly. Drain, saving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Stir the noodles into the broccoli along with the last tablespoon of butter and the last tablespoon of soy sauce. Add a little of the noodle cooking liquid to loosen everything up and serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles