If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegetarians can omit the bacon in this recipe, it still is just as great.
This recipe was created by the leftovers from previous day's roast. Combining the sweetness of roasted peppers and pumpkin with melted rich goats cheese makes this frittata recipe great for breakfast/brunch. Best way to start the day. —blinkythebear
For the roasted vegetables
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups red peppers, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4-5 tablespoons Olive oil
- The amount of pumpkin and peppers added are entirely to your preference, and therefore adjust the amount to your own liking. Preheat oven to 400(°F). Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place rosemary,pumpkin, peppers, garlic and olive oil in bowl and toss till fully coated. Season well with salt & pepper. Arrange on baking tray in a single layer, bake for 45-50mins or until tender. You want to achieve those gorgeous brown bits on the vegetables when it's out from the oven. Discard the garlic cloves.
For the frittata
- 4 Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 piece Goat's cheese
- 2 handfuls Parmesan
- 5-6 eggs, depending on depth of pan
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- Preheat Oven to 400(°F) Using an oven-proof pan, on high heat, crisp up bacon bits. Add spring onions to bacon fat and cook on medium heat , 3-4minutes. Throw in peas, pumpkin, peppers and fresh basil, and continue cooking for 1-2minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Crack eggs into large bowl, crack in black pepper, dash of milk and 1 handful of parmesan. This seasons the eggs. Mix well with fork.
- Combine the eggs into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to ensure the egg mixture flows to the bottom of the pan, covering the entire pan. Crumble goats cheese into pockets of the egg mixture, bring the heat up to high, until a slow boil. At this point, sprinkle the remainder of the parmesan onto the surface of the egg mixture and transfer to the oven. Be generous with the cheese to ensure a golden brown top. Bake for 15minutes or till golden brown. The end result you are seeking would be a golden crust on the top and a extremely moist centre of the frittata.
- Using a paring knife, run your knife around the surface of the pan to release the frittata. Cut into wedges and serve straight hot from the pan.