If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fried eggs, garlic sauteed kale and baby mushrooms, with avocado. —Haley Hansen
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 4-5 baby mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons EVOO
- 1/2 hass avocado
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha, optional
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle half of the EVOO to coat the pan. Throw in the garlic and sauté for a couple minutes.
- 2. Now, throw in the kale and mushrooms. Be patient – these take a while to cook down. You may have to cover the pan so that the kale wilts a little bit. When the two are finally cooked down, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- 3. Coat the skillet with the remaining EVOO and crack the eggs into the pan. If you know how to fry an egg, then fry it to your preference. If you don’t, then decide whether you want the yolk runny or firm. For a runny yolk, cook the eggs until their edges crisp to a nice golden color and the whites have set. For a firm yolk, once the edges crisp up, poke the yolks with a fork and flip the eggs. Cook until the yolk feels hard and doesn’t ooze when poked again.
- 4. Lay the eggs on the bed of kale and mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and slice the avocado to serve on the side. If using, drizzle (or make a heart) with the Sriracha sauce.
- 5. Dig in!