If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Blue-Cheese Avocado Cakes are a delightful addition to… well almost anything: A quick snack, a hearty lunch, or as traveling fare on a trip.
—Florian @ Contentedness Cooking
- 5 ounces blue cheese
- 4 scallions
- 2 avocados
- 3 cups whole spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon whole cane sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili, seeded
- 1 handful cilantro
- 12 ounces butter milk
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C), line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, chili, garlic, herbs, cheese, salt, pepper, sugar, and scallions in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flesh of the avocados and the oil and mash with a fork into a smooth paste.
- Add the avocado paste to the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and stir to combine with a spatula until you have the right consistency of dough.
- Brush your hands with water so that the dough does not stick to your fingers. Form small cookies with your hands, add to the baking sheet with parchment paper (leave an inch space between the cookies).
- Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for about 5 minutes