Author Notes: Can be served as a side dish or warm salad. —anka
bunch red beet with greens leaves(bay small 4-5 in the bunch)
teaspoon grated ginger
tablespoon coconut oil, melted (or sub other oil of choice)
pink Himalayan salt
tablespoon lime juice (1/2 lime)
- Cut off the beet leaves and put on the side, wash the beets and wrap them loosely together in foil.
- Put wrapped beets on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven on 375 F for 30-35 minutes (depend on the beet size)
- Let the beets cool enough to handle, peel and slice them.
- Wash and slice the green leaves 2 inches long.
- In the frying pan heat coconut oil add ginger for 10-15 second, add 2 tbs water and beats leaves, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and sliced roast beets, cover and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Before serving add lime juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff