If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on a traditional Noodle Kugel for a Chinese New Year's Party! —Ami B Goldstein
flat noodles, eggs, milk, half-and-half, Szechuan pepper (ground), 5 spice powder, salt, Vanilla, crystallized ginger , unsweetened chip coconut, sliced almonds, butter
- 8 ounces flat noodle
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/8 teaspoon szechuan pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, chipped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven 325' F, Butter a 8x8 inch casserole dish, scatter 2 T. of coconut in dish. Have a water bath set up to put dish in.
- Cook noddles and drain well.
- Beat eggs, milk , half & half, pepper, salt, vanilla, 5 spice, and ginger using a wire whisk.
- Add noodles and stir together.
- Pour into prepared dish, scatter remaining coconut and almonds on top, drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover tightly with tin foil, place in water bath and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake another 10 minutes, almonds and coconut will brown lightly. remove from water bath.
- Serve with Pineapple Brule
Fresh cored and peeled pineapple in its juice, butter, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce,crystallized ginger, vanilla bean,water, bourbon,
- 1 Pineapple, peeled and cored
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Slice pineapple in 1/4 inch rings and then quarter
- Using a small saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar, water, bourbon, lime juice, ginger and scrape vanilla bean into pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. It should be bubbling on low heat and reduce to syrup consistency. Set aside. (This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.)
- Arrange pineapple slices in pie dish and pour enough syrup over to almost cover pineapple, top each with pieces of ginger and sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. brown sugar on pineapple. (I continued to reduce the remaining sauce , would be great over ice cream:)
- Put pie dish under the broiler and heat until pineapple caramelizes to your liking.
- Cut a piece of kugel, arrange pineapple on or around kugel and drizzle with syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles