If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The unique way to enjoy noodles! This dessert is a mouth-watering slush of crushed ice, rosewater and crisp vermicelli or rice noodles, topped with a squeeze of lime or pomegranate juice. It is also dairy and gluten free. —Maman's Kitchen
grams Rice or vermicelli noodles
grams caster sugar
tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cook noodles as per packet directions. Drain noodles and cool in fridge for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Place two cups water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir mixture until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add rosewater.
- Remove noodles from fridge and roughly chop into 3-4cm pieces. Combine noodles, syrup and lime juice in a shallow glass baking dish. Place in freezer for one hour.
- Once ready to serve, remove the mixture from the freezer and allow it to thaw slightly. Crush the icy mixture and scoop into bowls or cups. Squeeze extra lime juice on top. Slurp it up before the crushed ice melts away! (Recipe adapted from SBS Food).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles