If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I frequently prepare this dish for my friends. I cook it differently according to the seasons. In the spring I use asparagus. Omit the seafood and you have a vegetarian entree. It is important that you have all the ingredients ready before you start cooking. The dish comes together quickly. —Gerlinde de Broekert
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1+ pounds scallops
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pesto
- ¼ cups pasta water
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get all the ingredients ready, dry the scallops and prawns in paper towels . Exchange the towels until they are dry. Generously salt and pepper the seafood shortly before you sauté them.
- Bring a large pot of water with 1 tablespoon of salt added to a boil to cook the pasta later.
- Heat 1TBS oil in large frying pan and sauté mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes, remove from pan, do the same with the zucchini
- Add more olive oil and the butter to the frying pan, until sizzling hot. Add scallops , don't crowd them and sear them for 1 to 2 minutes depending on size. Do not touch the scallops before flipping them over. They should have a light brown crust on one side. Continue to cook on the other side for one minute. Remove the scallops from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until they turn pink, add the tomatoes, the mushrooms and the zucchini and heavy everything for a minute or two. Add the scallops last.
- In the meantime cook the pasta for 2 to 3 minutes until they are cooked al dente.Drain the pasta reserving some of the water. In a bowl mix the pasta with the pesto and the pasta water. Put the pasta in the center of a large serving plate, arrange the seafood and veggies around the pasta, sprinkle with basil.Pass the Parmesan in a different bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles