If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make pesto when basil is abundant during the summer months here in California and freeze whatever is leftover. —Sunnycovechef
Serves a generous cup of pesto
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 cups basil leaves
- ½ cups pine nuts, roast them if you want a nuttier flavor
- ½ - 3/4 cups cup of good olive oil
- ½ cups freshly grated Paresean cheese
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated pepper
- Chop the garlic in the food processor until finely minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until you reach the consistency you like . I like my pesto chunky.
- Season with salt and pepper and add more oil to make it smoother. put in a covered container and use within 3 days or freeze.