Author Notes: Perfect side to a roast meat, sometimes I just make a sandwich with peppers and cheese. —anka
Makes: 6 cups jar
pounds sweet peppers, (red, yellow, orange)
tablespoon sea salt
In This Recipe
- Wash, cut peppers in a half and remove seeds and membranes.
- Bring to boil 4 cups water, 1 cup vinegar, 1 tbs salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1tsp peppercorns and 3 tbsp oil.
- Add peppers to the pot with boiling vinegar solution in an amount to fill one row on the surface of the pot (3 peppers or 6 half's).
- Allow cooking for 3 minutes.
- When cooked remove with the spoon one by one from the pot on baking sheets to cool.
- Once you have peppers cooked and cooled, put them in the jar.
- Put crossed wooden skewers to prevent peppers to float to the surface, pour over cooled vinegar solution in which you cook peppers.
- Leave them overnight to marinate before you serve them.
- They will keep in the fridge for weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore