If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gin and grapefruit are a lovely pair and the addition of fresh rosemary is even better. Try this gin and grapefruit cocktail with rosemary simple syrup. Bonus - you can make this ahead for a group, just leave out the club soda until serving time. —Chase the Flavors
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- cane sugar and salt for the glass rim
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce club soda
- Heat water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves then add rosemary sprigs. Once it reaches a rolling boil, lower to medium heat and let lightly boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place a lid on the saucepan to let simple syrup continue to infuse for an additional 10 minutes. Strain into a clean glass jar or container and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
- Decorate the rim of a high ball glass with cane sugar and salt, add ice and set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine gin, rosemary simple syrup and grapefruit juice. Shake vigorously for at least a minute.
- Strain into the sugar and salted glass filled with fresh ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe