Author Notes: A simple and delicious way to use garden fresh tomatoes and basil. Easier to make than gazpacho because the ingredient list is paired down to the basics... —WinnieAb
- 4 fresh tomatoes, preferably organic heirloom varieties, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon (bottled) julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients, except those for the garnish, in a blender (I use a high speed blender called a Blendtec) and process until fairly smooth. If you want it to be completely pureed, blend away until it’s the consistency you like; I personally prefer it to retain some texture.
- Pour into bowl(s) and add diced avocado and additional fresh basil to garnish, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tomato Recipe