If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate and beer join forces to make this bread pudding bomb as all heck. It's warm, gooey, comforting, and hearty. Perfect for a guilty pleasure breakfast, or munching on at midnight. —Beau Ciolino
Serves 12 - 16
- 1.5 baguettes, a few days old (I used 2 ft long baguettes, for a total of 3 ft)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels (I used 70%)
- 2 pints Stout beer
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Tear bread into bite-sized chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in sugar, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, 1/2 cup butter, 1 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 pint of stout and walnuts and mix to combine.
- Press mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 40 minutes or until firm and slightly crispy on top.
- In a saucepan, bring remaining pint of stout to boil and reduce heat to low, allowing to simmer for 40 minutes until reduced by more than half.
- Add 1/2 cup butter and 2 T heavy cream and remove from heat.
- Stir dark chocolate into beer mixture and set aside to cool.
- Once bread pudding has been removed from oven and cooled slightly, poor chocolate sauce on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and chopped walnuts, if desired.