If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 4-6 (depends on serving size)
Labneh and fruit
- 12 ounces Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1/2-1 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 ripe pears peeled cut in half and cored (I used bosc)
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice and salt thoroughly. Place strainer over a bowl and drape with cheese cloth, place yogurt mixture into the cheese cloth and fold over so the yogurt is covered. Refrigerate 12-24 hours. At 12 hours the labneh will be somewhat firm and spreadable and at 24 hours it will be even thicker. It’s wonderful either way.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree’s. Butter a rectangular baking dish and place pears and grapes in the dish.Drizzle the honey on the fruit and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, the fruit should be tender. Remove from oven. Place walnuts on baking sheet and toast in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes approximately, you will know they are done when you can smell the walnuts be careful and watch the nuts they can burn quickly.
Honey Thyme Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup juice from roasted fruit
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Add the honey, juice from the fruit and thyme sprigs to a small saucepan and simmer gently for a few (5)minutes, remove thyme sprig and remove from heat. If your fruit does not give off 1/4 cup of juice substitute another type of juice or water . You will need approximately 1/2 cup of the syrup. Garnish with pomegranate arils if you like;
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey