If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These bars, chock full of antioxidants and packed with flavor, are great not only as a dessert, but also as a healthy snack. Being healthy never tasted so good! This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/toasted-oatmeal-almond-berry-bars —Healthline
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic cinnamon applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread oatmeal onto an ungreased, rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Shake sheet once about halfway through to ensure even browning. Let cool completely before stirring into proceeding step.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, except flour, blending well.
- Dust the bottom of an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch pan with whole wheat flour. Using plastic wrap, press prepared cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Lightly dust bars with more wholewheat flour. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour
- Cut into 24 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey