If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was tired of the same old green beans, so I put away the steamer and pulled out the cast iron pan. What a difference. This recipe has a nice umami flavour with the addition of Maggi Seasoning. And it is super easy to make. —Chrissie Graboski
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning
- Wash and trim green beans. Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan. Sauté beans until they start to caramelize. This should take about 3-4 minutes at medium high heat. Stir as the beans brown slightly.
- When the beans are almost cooked, add garlic and lemon juice. Sauté 1 minute, being careful the garlic does not burn. Add Maggi seasoning and pan fry for a final minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot on a warm plate.