Author Notes: Sweet, buttery, with a hint of spice, this is the perfect accompaniment for any fall or winter meal. I served the squash with roasted chicken leg quarters and wilted kale with pine nuts and goat cheese. But the possibilities are endless! —Anna Dudenhoeffer Simpson
small acorn sqaush
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds and goop with a spoon.
- Cut a small slice off the round side of each half so the squash doesn’t wobble, and place the squash on a baking sheet.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, ½ tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to each squash halve.
- Pop your squash into the oven, and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, cover the squash with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes, or until very tender.
- Serve this sweet, savory side dish with poultry, greens, or even beef! Bon appetit!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey