If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, buttery, with a hint of spice, this is the perfect accompaniment for any fall or winter meal. I served the squash with roasted chicken leg quarters and wilted kale with pine nuts and goat cheese. But the possibilities are endless! —Anna Dudenhoeffer Simpson
small acorn sqaush
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds and goop with a spoon.
- Cut a small slice off the round side of each half so the squash doesn’t wobble, and place the squash on a baking sheet.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, ½ tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to each squash halve.
- Pop your squash into the oven, and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, cover the squash with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes, or until very tender.
- Serve this sweet, savory side dish with poultry, greens, or even beef! Bon appetit!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey